Getting an jvm error 102 is not out of the ordinary and it happens more often than you could actually think. Frankly, a lot of people are complaining lately of getting a jvm error 102 code on their Blackberry smartphones and have started searching for a solution. Fortunately, you have arrived on the right website – we have covered most of the jvm error 102 codes someone might encounter when dealing with flashing or restoring their Blackberry cellphone.
Steps for fixing the jvm error 102 code(OS Wipe)
- Download and install the Blackberry Desktop Manager from this link: [ Desktop Manager Download Link ]
- If you have already installed the Desktop Manager for Blackberry and still have problems getting your phone phound by your OS, try re-installing the DM Software as well as the USB drivers that are available for your cellphone.
- Make sure you have downloaded a copy of your current Blackberry OS from your service provider. A simple Google Search will surely lead you where you need.
- After you have your Desktop Manager and phone connected and recognized it’s time to get down to business. Download BBSAK (Blackberry Swiss Army Knife) from here – [ BBSAK Download link ]
- If you want to, you could easily back-up your phone information using the available options in the “Backup Tab” of BBSAK.
- With BBSAK wipe your device completely, don’t worry if you will be getting a 400 error code at the end of this process – it’s completely normal.
- After the wipe has been completed, load the copy of your OS using the “Load OS” feature from BBSAK; wait for the process to finish.
- Boot up your phone – no more pesky jvm error 102 codes should show up.
- Do a wipe handheld to restore the phone to factory default settings, it will make it be more responsive.
- Go to Options – Advanced – Host Routing Table and click on Register Now and reboot your phone.
Fixing jvm error 102 without OS wipe
- Download [ JL_cmder ]
- Connect your phone to the PC – using the cable that came with your cellphone.
- Start the JL_Cmder application and select option two – Event Log.
- Scroll to the bottom of the log and look for “JVM Error 102” – there you will find the file that generated this error code. The error code should look something like the below screenshot.
- Save the filename that’s generating this error, we will need it shortly.
- Go to Start – Run and type CMD (Windows)
- Change directory to where your JL_Cmder folder is located. Best would be to move it to the root of your C:/ partition (usually where your PC Operating System resides). Navigate to the folder where you have installed JL_Cmder using cd c:/Program Files/JL_Cmder/ (so the command is: cd [partition where folder resides]/[folder where it is in(assuming Program Files)]/[Name of the folder containing the JL_Cmder executable])
- Use the following command javaloader.exe -u erase -f FILENAME to remove the nasty file causing the JVM error 102, where FILENAME is the file name we saved before.
- Disconnect your phone from the PC and restart it – no more pesky jvm error 102 codes should show up.
I hope you enjoyed reading our article on JVM Error 102 Reset – Easy fix JVM error 102. If you would like to read more articles like this one I suggest you check the links on the left side of the website.