Fixing the jvm error 517 problem is not the easiest of tasks when it comes to Blackberry cellphones. I for one know how much trouble I’ve had with my BlackBerry Bold when I saw the jvm error 517 code on the screen – I tried removing the battery, the SIM card, restarting it – nothing seemed to work. Everything I was doing was actually beyond my technical knowledge of how cellphones work or are debugged. Nevertheless, I buckled up and started scouring the Internet for valuable information on how one could fix his Blackberry Bold when a jvm erorr 517 code showed up.
Remember those stories about how vast the Internet is and that you can find everything in there ? It’s true – I did find everything else, except what I was looking for, and that was how to fix jvm error 517 code. Finally, after reading on a couple of forums and digesting a couple hundred posts that had various people talking in debugging gibberish I managed to compile enough information on how one could actually perform a jvm error 517 reset and restore it’s cellphone to its original state.
Steps for fixing the jvm error 517 code(OS Wipe)
- Download and install the BlackBerry Desktop Manager from this link: Desktop Manager Download Link
- If you have already installed the Destkop Manager for BlackBerry and still have problems getting your phone phound by your OS, try re-installing the DM Software as well as the USB drivers that are available for your cellphone.
- Make sure you have downloaded a copy of your current BlackBerry OS from your service provider. A simple Google Search will surely lead you where you need.
- After you have your Desktop Manager and phone connected and recognized it’s time to get down to business. Download BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) from here – BBSAK Download link
- If you want to, you could easily back-up your phone information using the available options in the “Backup Tab” of BBSAK.
- With BBSAK wipe your device completely, don’t worry if you will be getting a 400 error code at the end of this process – it’s completely normal.
- After the wipe has been completed, load the copy of your OS using the “Load OS” feature from BBSAK; wait for the process to finish.
- Boot up your phone.