If you are seeing the JVM error 547 code for the first time, well, do not panic – you are not alone. It is a pretty common error code to encounter when dealing with BlackBerry smartphones and outdated versions of the corresponding model operating system. If you are now reading this article it clearly means you have stumbled upon one of the randomly frowned upon error codes one has to deal with from time to time when it comes to BlackBerry cellphones.
Unfortunately there is no easy fix to the matter of JVM error code 547, the only solution is to do a clean OS wipe and re-install the OS on your nuked cellphone. Do this, just follow the steps below and you will get rid of the jvm error 547 code in no time – an easier error code than the dreaded jvm error 102 code.
Steps for fixing the JVM error 547 code
- Make sure you have installed the BlackBerry Desktop Manager (BDM) available at this link: Desktop Manager Download Link
- If you have already installed the Destkop Manager for BlackBerry and still have problems getting your phone phound by your OS, try re-installing the DM Software as well as the USB drivers that are available for your cellphone.
- Make sure you have downloaded a copy of your current BlackBerry OS from your service provider. A simple Google Search will surely lead you where you need.
- After you have your Desktop Manager and phone connected and recognized it’s time to get down to business. Download BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) from here –BBSAK Download link
- If you want to, you could easily back-up your phone information using the available options in the “Backup Tab” of BBSAK.
- With BBSAK wipe your device completely, don’t worry if you will be getting a 400 error code at the end of this process – it’s completely normal.
- After the wipe has been completed, load the copy of your OS using the “Load OS” feature from BBSAK; wait for the process to finish.
- Boot up your phone.