If your Blackberry phone has started giving you JVM Error 545 message codes and you do not know how to get rid of them, you have come to the right place. Usually, upon receiving a JVM error 545 simply removing the battery from your cellphone should do the trick. This guide is for when the ‘battery trick’ does not make the JVM Error 545 problem magically go away. I’ve listed below a couple of steps to follow so you’ll be able to easily get rid of the jvm error code your Blackberry is showing.
Fixing JVM Error 545
- Before you get started, please make sure you have properly installed the Blackberry Desktop Manager [ Download BlackBerry Desktop Manager ] as well as the corresponding USB Drivers on your PC.
- Make sure you have downloaded a copy of your current Blackberry OS from your service provider. A simple Google Search will surely lead you where you need.
- Make sure your BlackBerry OS is up to date – if it is not, repeat step #2 and restart your phone. If JVM Error 545 code still pops up, continue to next step.
- Using the software called BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife (also called BBSAK – [ download link for BBSAK ] ) perform a full back-up of your data – option available from the “Backup Tab” in the BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife application you have previously downloaded and installed.
- Perform a clean install of the BlackBerry Device Software using these steps:
- Connect your smartphone to the computer and open up the Blackberry Desktop Manager. [ Download BlackBerry Desktop Manager ]
- Start the Application Loader process by double clicking on its icon. Hit the Next button to start the installation process.
- If you’re prompted for your Blackberry password, type it and click on OK to continue.
- Select the applications you want to load by clicking in the appropriate check boxes next to the application names and hit the Next button.
- Click on Advanced and then click the check box beside Erase all currently installed applications, afterwards, hit the Next button.
- Check the box “Do not automatically back-up the application data during the loading process”.
- Make sure the box next to “Back-up and restore applications installed wirelessly” is not checked and hit the Next button.